Effective Date: 15 December 2022
Updated Date: 15 December 2022
- Energy Monitoring & Analysis System (collectively, “EMA”)
- Mobile applications (collectively, “APP”, including EMA APP, EMA Manager, ECU APP)
- Application programming interface (collectively, “API”)
- Any types of after sales service
Table of Contents
- How We Collect and Use Your Personal Information
- How We Store Your Personal Information
- How We Protect Your Personal Information
- Your Rights
- Children’s Privacy
- Contact Us
How We Collect and Use Your Personal Information
- When you register an online EMA end user account or installer account, we collect your username, your contact details (such as your email address, phone number, address and login credentials). We collect this information to create an account.
- When you register an online EMA end user account, we collect the product information of your solar system (such as the device ID, device type), the name of the upper-level installer, the power generation data and alarm data of the solar system. We collect this information facilitate the management of your solar system.
- When you use the user management function, you need to provide your personal information, including login credentials, email address and/or phone number.
- When you contact our pre-sales/after-sales, we save the chat content and history or the contact information you left and other information you provided, so that we can contact you in order to help you solve any problem(s), record the solutions to the problem(s) as well as the result. When necessary, you need to provide your personal identification information for us to verify your identity.
- When your device detects a new version of an APP, we read the application list to check whether your device has installed the corresponding application store.
- When you use our services, we may collect your browsing, operation, search, click and other information as relevant to web logs, including your device information (IDFA, operating system, device model, device manufacturer, system version, Android ID, IMEI and MAC address), account information, date and time of access, and IP address.
How We Share, Transfer and Disclose Your Personal Information
We will not share your personal information with any third parties, except in the following cases:
- With your consent: We share your personal information with third parties with your consent.
- Comply with law: We share your personal information in accordance with laws and regulations or compulsory requirements of government authorities.
- Share with installers/other users who directly or indirectly provide the services to you: If you have an end user account, we share your personal information with your installer or other users, so that they can carry out the after-sales services. They can get your personal information by EMA or API.
- Share with our Subsidiaries and Affiliates: We share your personal information with our subsidiaries and affiliates with appropriate technical and organizational measures.
We share your personal information in accordance with compulsory requirements:
- With applicable laws and regulations
- With the judicial authority ruling or legal procedure requirements
- With the government authorities or other competent organizations
- In order to protect the lawful rights and interests of APsystems with our subsidiaries and affiliates, and other users (such as paying off overdue accounts). We will record the content, time, reason and object of the information disclosure under the above cases.
How We Store Your Personal Information
We store your personal information in the Amazon Web Services (AWS) in Europe. If you want us to transfer your data out of Europe or a country not deemed by the European Commission, you may be required to provide data protection laws and regulations in this country or region to ensure that this cross-border transfer complies with the relevant laws and regulations, and if you cannot provide the relevant information and insist that we conduct this cross-border transfer, we have the right to refuse and stop your services. If our business changes in the future and we need cross-border data transmission, we will seek your consent or follow the relevant national laws and regulations. We will store your personal data until you delete or request to delete it, except as otherwise provided by laws and regulations.
How We Protect Your Personal Information
We respect your rights and control over your personal information, and the security of your personal information is important to us as well. We have used commercially reasonable physical, administrative, and technical safeguards to preserve the integrity and security of your personal information, and we have provided various security strategies to effectively ensure data security of users and devices.
We will take the following measures to ensure the security of your personal data:
- Data communication: support the use of data security, anonymization and transmission encryption protocols for communication
- Data processing: adopt strict data filtering and verification and a complete data review process
- Data storage: encrypt and store your confidential information
- Data Breaches: A data breach may lead to accidental or unlawful destruction, loss, alteration, unauthorized disclosure of, or access to, personal data transmitted, stored or otherwise processed. We respect your rights to protect your personal data, once it occurs, we will notify you of the data breach and emergency measures we have taken via email. If necessary, we may stop our services to mitigate the risk and meantime report such data breach to applicable data protection authority within 72 hours after becoming aware of it.
In addition, we have also formulated a series of security guarantees at system and management level to prevent data loss, illegal use, unauthorized access or leakage, tampering or destruction, such as determining positions and responsibilities, holding security and privacy protection training courses, strengthening employee data protection awareness, and controlling access rights.
European data protection laws give you certain rights regarding your personal information. If you are located within the European Union, you may ask us to take the following actions in relation to your personal information that we hold:
- You share the right to access to your personal information.
- You share the right to transfer a machine-readable copy of your personal information to you or a third party of your choice, i.e. your right to data portability.
- You share the right to update or correct inaccuracies in your personal information.
- You share the right to delete your personal information, i.e. the right to be forgotten.
- You share the right to restrict the processing of your personal information.
- You share the right to object to the processing for marketing purposes or on grounds relating to your particular situation.
- You share the right not to be subject to automated decisions
We store small data files called cookies on your web browser or mobile application to ensure the normal and efficient operation of our service. The content of a cookie can only be retrieved or read by the server that created it. Each cookie is unique to your browser or mobile application. Using cookies can help you save yourself from repeatedly filling in personal information, entering search content and steps and processes (examples: form filling, search records). You can manage or delete cookies according to your preferences. Most browsers provide users with the function of clearing the browser cache data. You can perform the corresponding data clearing operation in the browser settings function. However, you may not be able to fully experience some of our convenient and safe service functions.
To protect the privacy of your children is especially important to us, we do not knowingly collect any personal information from anyone under the age of 18. If a parent or legal guardian becomes aware that his or her child has provided us with information without their consent, he or she can and should contact us at email@example.com, we will delete such information. If we become aware that we have collected information from anyone under the age of 18 without permission from his parent or legal guardian, we will also delete such information.